A new fashion blogger in town

Hello blogosphere!


After 3 years of obsessively following fashion blogs, I’ve finally decided to start my own. I may be in way over my head, and I may fall flat on my face, but here goes nothing.

I’ll start with the title, Twin Cities Kitty. Not too much to figure out here. I live in the Twin Cities, ‘kitty’ rhymes, and I thought it was catchy. However, it’s quite a tongue-in-cheek name as the thought of a kitty evokes images of something sweet and soft, and I’m, well, neither of those things. I’m extremely direct, thick-skinned and no-nonsense (some might say abrasive? :-)), so it’s a bit of a joke.


To introduce myself, I work in supply chain for an agricultural corporation here in the Twin Cities, and I live in a place with tons of amazing restaurants/bars and places to go and things to do. As a result, I have many different types of outfits depending upon what the day has in store. On this blog, I plan to document work outfits as well as going out/weekend wear as well. If I had to describe my style, I would say it is generally quite feminine (I LOVE pink) but I also wear a lot of trendier fashions as well. As I stated in my ‘about me’ section, I have absolutely no credentials from a fashion standpoint, but I have been in love with all things fashion-related for a VERY long time. I get a lot of inspiration from the blogs that I follow, so I’m hoping that my take on what works for me will be inspirational to others in the same way my favorite bloggers have been to me.



My vision is to keep the fashions on this blog relatively relatable from a cost standpoint (caveat: purses!). I tend to spend more money on nice accessories or classic pieces that will last forever and go more economical for the actual clothes--particularly if it’s something very trendy that will be out of style next season. I have pieces in my closet ranging from Gucci and Valentino to Wal-Mart and Target, and I still wear items I purchased in high school. All of which you will see here! If I’m featuring something ridiculously expensive, I’ll include a link to something more affordable. I also hope to take outfit photos at various iconic locations in the Twin Cities since I live in such a cool place, so I hope to document  that here as well.



My look today is something I have worn to work, but I could also see wearing it to meet friends, parents of a significant other, or even a dressier brunch. All the pieces here are at least a year old (I’ll try to stay more current in future posts) but I feel that it really sums up my style—pink, feminine, heels, so I thought this would be an appropriate first post. I also feel like the pattern and bright colors are very spring-y, but the black accessories and shoes keep it from being too over-the-top from a color perspective.


I have no idea it this blog will go anywhere, but I sincerely thank anyone reading right now! Please click follow if you haven't already :-)

Click the links below to shop this post.

Sunglasses: Coach Very similar here Shoes: Betsey Johnson (old--can't find anything close!) Skirt: Ann Taylor (old) Similar Blouse: J.Crew (old)  Same color different cut Necklace: Similar Purse: Gucci 2012 (no longer available) 2015 version Waaaaay more affordable option

0 comments:

Post a Comment