50 shades of grey




































50 shades of grey...or, more like 2 shades of grey. Also, not only am I NOT wearing bondage attire, but I'm about as buttoned up as is possible. For weird, kinky fetish stuff, go see the movie. (No, really. Go see it. Let me know if it's good)

ANYWAY, in the last few years, grey has really become my go-to neutral color. I guess you could say grey is the new black in my book. Incidentally, we are down to mere WEEKS until season 3 of Orange is the New Black is out. I fully plan to do a week of posts wearing sweatpants and dripping in ice cream since that will be my reality once it's on Netflix. Classy? Absolutely...

Back to clothes. Yes, grey seems somehow more unexpected as a monochromatic look than black in my opinion. While I love pops of color, sometimes combining neutrals--in this case, grey and tan-- really makes for a put-together look without too much effort. Grey is also appropriate in all seasons. I wore this on a spring day that was quite chilly. This outfit kept me warm while still having a Spring-y vibe to it. The sweater also has jewel embellishments, so it gives what could be a 'blah' sweater a sweet, feminine touch.

So, just a quickie (another 50 shades reference?) post on this pre-Memorial weekend Friday. I am off today on what will surely be an epic road trip with hubby and friends. Have a safe and fun weekend!

Outfit links below. Don't forget to follow along! Thank you so much for reading!

Outfit
Grey skinnies: Ann Taylor (these run HUGE. I'm wearing a 2, normally wear a 6) // Embellished sweater: Ann Taylor outlet find // Sunnies: Coach 2014. Current version // Purse: 2012 Louis Vuitton. Same pattern. // Shoes: BCBG (old) very similar d'Orsay version here

0 comments:

Post a Comment