Yesterday




















Happy Friday!
Did you catch my last blog post? In every single photo I am all sunshine and smiles. Going through the photos from this photo session however? I am looking salty in every single photo. I’m talking, not even a glimmer of a smile in any of them, not just the ones I’ve included here. I’m wearing neon yellow pants! What’s there to be so morose about? Perhaps it’s that I’m back from Las Vegas and the weather in MN on this day was cloudy and sad. Or, maybe it’s that I have a serious case of resting b* face. In any case, all these sad, wistful looking photos made me think of ‘Yesterday’ by the Beatles, although instead of thinking of a gut-wrenching, horrific breakup, I’m likely deep in thought about all the shots and gambling I did mere days ago...
In any case, a grey day like this required a serious dose of color. Enter neon jeans and a geometric patterned T. There is just enough yellow in the shirt to work with the pants without being too matchy-matchy, and I’ve always loved the color combo of grey and yellow. Yellow not your color? The jeans I linked below come in several colors, so pick whichever color you’re comfortable with.
I also brought my jean jacket along for when the evening got chillier.  If you don’t already own a denim jacket, I highly recommend you purchase one. It’s one of the most versatile pieces I own, and you’ll likely see a lot of it on this blog. Also a must-have this season is the wedge shoe. I talked about my nude wedges in my last post, so today I'm highlighting my black wedges. I wear a lot of gold jewelry, so the gold zippers and accents on these really integrate well with my day to day outfits and help the final outfit look put together.
The most exciting item I would like to highlight here, however, is this ring (link below). I recently discovered Kendra Scott jewelry, and I’m mildly obsessed. I find this piece particularly fun and whimsical, and the spikiness just happens to match my spike earrings that I’ve had for years. I have a list about a mile long of items I want to purchase from her website, and while the jewelry isn’t crazy expensive, it isn’t cheap either, so this probably isn’t the best news for my wallet.
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Please click ‘follow’!
 Outfit:

0 comments:

Post a Comment