An ode to the sundress







Ah, the sundress. There are few items in my closet I love more than sundresses. They are so feminine and effortless and make it seem like you spent a lot more time on your outfit than you did. Even men love sundresses and can typically identify them by name! (Versus just, 'it's a dress.') I think there even may be songs about women wearing sundresses. It's truly a piece we can all agree is fantastic. Know what really makes a great sundress? When you buy one for a bargain! I got this one at Old Navy when everything was 50%, so I spent a whopping total of $15 on the one pictured here. It’s also really good quality and fully lined, so while inexpensive, it doesn’t seem cheap. The pattern is fantastic, too. Floral patterns, while once reserved for Grandma’s sofa, are everywhere right now. To keep the whole look from being over-the-top sweet and girly, (which can happen fairly easily when combining pink and flowers) I wore a chunkier heel and broke out a denim jacket later that evening. I also kept the accessories to a bare minimum since the dress really makes a statement all on its own, and I felt that too much jewelry would weigh down the airy nature of the dress.

I should also note that these photos were taken at Minnehaha Falls (yes, that’s really what it’s called if you’re not from MN) which is one of my absolute favorite places in the Cities. It is incredibly picturesque and makes for a great picnic along the water. It is also home to Sea Salt, an open air seafood restaurant with amazing food! Unfortunately, lots of people agree with me so it gets absolutely packed on nice days.

Summer is finally upon us! Here’s to sundresses, sandals, and outdoor dining. Happy Tuesday! Be sure to click ‘follow’ :-)


Outfit
Dress (comes in lots of patterns)  Shoes (old) Purse: Marc Jacobs similar here

0 comments:

Post a Comment