Rompin' 'Round

twin_cities_kitty_blue_rompertwin_cities_kitty_blue romper


twin_cities_kitty_orange_coach_clutch

twin_cities_kitty_romper_seated

twin_cities_kitty_blue_romper






















Did you catch my sundress post? I just LOVE a good one piece outfit. Namely because it really takes so little effort to create an ensemble. Throw on one piece of choice, accesorize, done!
So, the romper. Bloggers everywhere are singing their praises this summer. And what's not to love? It's easy, there are so many cut and pattern options. They are so feminine and easy. And yet?
Well, I have a love hate relationship. I DO love the one piece concept, however, I also love dive bars.
Wait...what?? How are these things related?
I shall explain. Dive bars. I LOVE them. They are known for cheap drinks, great people watching, pool and dart leagues, sassy bartenders, and many a regrettable decision that makes for GREAT stories down the line. What they are not known for? Spacious and clean bathrooms. The point? Think carefully before deciding to break out a romper. A romper is typically fastened at the top, meaning, you need to hit the bathroom? You're getting naked. Imagine being at a dive bar. You've had some drinks, it's time to head to the ladies room. Enter a tiny stall, one inch of standing water on the floor. You are dressed in a delicate, frilly frock like this one. Now wrestle it off and try reeeeeallly hard to not drag it through the pool of water (water??) on the floor.
Not a drinker/dive bar frequenter? (I don't understand you, but I digress...) imagine the naked scenario anywhere. It's just not pretty. This, ladies, is what you will not hear about the down-side of the romper. I love them, I'm just saying, wear with caution. 
So, the outfit. I really do love this romper. It's such a perfect shade of blue, and I love the ruffle detail. I also scored an amazing deal at the Coach outlet on this orange clutch. I am lucky enough to live very close to an outlet, and I may have purchased a bag or 10 on my last visit.
In any case, definitely add a romper to the arsenal this summer, just think about where the night may lead when determining when to wear it.
Thank you so much for reading! Click the links below for my outfit and for other romper options as well.

Outfit
Romper: Express // Purse: Coach (outlet find) // Shoes: Nine West (old) similar // Sunglasses: Ray-ban
Other romper options I love: Urban Outfitters // Nordstrom // ASOS

0 comments:

Post a Comment