First Lady




































Happy Mother's Day, arguably the most important day of the year!

Did you think, based on the title, that this post was about my trying to emulate a white-girl version of our country's First Lady, Michelle Obama? Well, OK, today's post has a dual meaning. The knee length sheath dress and copious pearls DOES have a certain Washington D.C. vibe about it. I love the clean lines and classic style of this outfit, and I always get a ton of compliments on this dress. Michelle herself can weigh in on the outfit. No doubt she reads this blog religiously.

Shop the post below.

The more important message of this post, however, is an homage to my beloved momma and mothers everywhere!

Today is a day to celebrate the mothers in our lives. We all have one, but no one but me has mine! And, my mom is simply the best. Sorry, it's not up for debate. I would be nowhere, nothing...lost without my sweet mom.

It's amazing how hard it is to pay tribute to the people in this world we love the most. And there is no one (exception being my amazing hubby, Nate) on this earth I love more than my mother. I could write volumes about how much she means to me and never even scratch the surface of who she is and what she has been in my life. I don't even want to think about who I would be today without her unconditional love, support, and unwavering confidence in everything I do.

I will spare you the volumes (and volumes and volumes and volumes) of all my mom is and has been to me, but my mom is unquestionably the First Lady in my life and will be for as long as I live.

If you are fortunate enough to live close to your mother, lucky you. No matter the distance, however, celebrate her in any way you can. She gave birth to you and would likely give her life for you. I live far away from my mom and count the days until I get to see her again. (For the record, it's 2 weeks, and I can NOT wait!) Hugs and kisses, mothers. What an incredibly important job you have in this world. Celebrate today!

xoxo,
TCK

Outfit
Dress: Calvin Klein (old). Nearly identical here with different neckline/Necklace: BCBG (old) similar here/ Bracelet (old) similar here /Watch: Michael Kors /Shoes: BCBG (on sale!) Bag: Louis Vuitton (no longer available) Current version


0 comments:

Post a Comment